Concrete Canvas Ltd. manufacture a ground breaking material technology called Concrete Canvas that allows concrete to be used in a completely new way. Concrete Canvas was originally developed for the award winning Concrete Canvas Shelters (CCS), a concrete building in a bag.
Concrete Canvas Shelters (CCS) are rapidly deployable hardened shelters that require only water and air for construction. The key to CCS is the use of inflation to create a surface that is optimised for compressive loading. This allows thin walled concrete structures to be formed which are both robust and lightweight. CCS consist of a cement impregnated fabric (Concrete Cloth) bonded to the outer surface of a plastic inner which forms a Nissen-Hut shaped structure once inflated.
Concrete Canvas Ltd. has developed two shelter variants, CCS25 and CCS54 (with 25sqm and 54sqm of floor space respectively). A CCS25 variant can be deployed by 2 people without any training in under an hour and is ready to use in only 24 hours. Essentially, CCS is inflatable concrete buildings.
CCS has a range of applications in both civil and military sectors, as emergency key infrastructure for distaster relief or frontline operations.Concrete Canvas allows aid teams to construct solid structures in emergency zones quickly and easily. It is a fabric shelter that, when sprayed with water, turns to concrete within 24 hours.
Following are the features/Advantages of Concrete canvas Shelters (CCS):
- It is available in 5, 8 and 13 millimeter thicknesses.
- It is ceramic and will not burn
- Once hydrated it remains workable for 2 hours and hardens to 80% strength in 24 hours. Accelerated or retarded formulations can be produced as specified.
- It uses 95% less material than conventional concrete
- It can be used for fast shelters, roofing, retaining walls, basement lining, weed inhibition, flood defense, water tanks and many other applications
Visit its original website: www.concretecanvas.co.uk for further information.